Sunday, February 24, 2008

Obombration - Deathspell Omega

wow, I'm not religious, but after listening to this I feel as though I have inadvertantly sold my soul to Satan.

I:
Hagios Ho Theos, Sanctus Deus.
Hagios Ischyros, Sanctus Fortis.
Deus, Judica Me...
Ut Quid, Domine, Recessisti Longe?
Judica Me... Perinde ac cadaver...


VI:
Deus, Judica Me
..et Factus est sudor eius sicut guttae sanguinis decurrentis in Terram...
Domine, in pulverem mortis deduxisti me
PERINDE AC CADAVER!


Okay, so I only took one semester in Latin and my Latin dictionary is not all encompassing...so I did my best to ascertain the meaning of this cryptic and vaguely scary song. My best is actually pretty unintelligible, but whatever.

I:
(as far as I know, these are not actual words), Holy God
??? Ischyros, Holy Strength
God, Judge me
Though who, Lord, departs from you long?
Judge me...just as a corpse...

VI:
God, judge me
...and be made to produce his sweat just as what blood will quickly drop upon the earth
Lord, upon the fine dust of death take me away
just as a corpse!

Conclusion? I don't know Latin...and neither do the online translation machines.

4 comments:

  1. The first sections in the first two lines are Greek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops.

    Hagios Ho Theos, Sanctus Deus
    Holy God, Holy God

    Hagios Ischyros, Sanctus Fortis
    Holy, Strong, Holy, Strong

    ReplyDelete
  4. its basically a greek-latin setup

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?