Friday, August 10, 2012

Rinko Kikuchi

Reason #2 I dyed my hair blonde. Because I saw this dark haired Asian girl do it and look super fly. Obviously I am not asian, but whatever, close enough.

Rinko Kikuchi has one of the coolest names I have ever heard, birthname Yuriko. Damn Japs, gettin' all the cool names. Possibly that was racist? But it was a total compliment. I love Japanese girls. And boys...yum!

Anywho, the first movie I saw Rinko in was Babel, which aside from winning a shitload of oscar crap, was also a pretty decent movie. Her character in particular was my favorite bit. Despite the black hair.

The only other movie I've seen her in is The Brothers Bloom, a cult classic which I totally own. I watch the crap out of that movie. I tape people to chairs and use that eye-opening apparatus in A Clockwork Orange on them.

In The Brothers Bloom she plays Bang Bang, an explosives expert who always wears the most fetching hats. Rinko gave a brilliant performance and made a lovable character despite only speaking three words the entire movie.

From the moment I saw her in The Brothers Bloom, I wanted to look just like her. Also I wanted the hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?