Saturday, July 19, 2008

Guilty Pleasures...

These are just a few songs that I can't help but like. Not that I'm a music snob or anything, I just don't generally like some genres of music. These are the exceptions to my non-existent rules. Shhhhh, don't tell...wouldn't want people to think I wasn't cool...*coughs*

1. I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
In theory, I hate this song because girls like "I can't understand the concept of silence/I never shut up/won't somebody stick a dick in my mouth" Haley like this song. However, I can't help it. I blame the fascination on the over-simplistic lyrics and catchy tune. Also, the vocal layering is nice. I don't think I would kiss Katie Perry though, drunk or not.

2. Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
I can't lie, I'm secretly addicted to all of her songs. I love Fergie. Does anybody happen to notice the uncanny similarity between her eyebrows and The Joker's from batman? Anyone? Because I do, hardcore.

3. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
If I really had to be honest with myself, I would admit that, yes, I do like this song. Much for the same reason that I like The Song That Doesn't End. That's right, because I am a masochist. Personally, I think that Gwen Stefani was much better off as a badass bleach blonde (occasionally fuschia) hottie in a ska band, but whatever. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

4. Gangster's Paradise - Coolio
Man, early 90's, he was the shit. Don't look at me that way. Stop it.

ps. Michelle Pfiffer was super hot in that video. I'm sure that I would like it if I kissed her, cherry chapstick or no.

5. Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes
Not that there's anything particularly embarrassing about liking the Gym Class Heroes, or the song. However, this just seems like a guilty pleasure song because it always makes me smile for no particular reason. Supertramp did the original version. I think, for once, I like the new version better. Not sure why, exactly. Maybe just because it is actually 5 billion times better? The world may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?