Friday, September 7, 2012

John Dies at the End - David Wong

John Dies at the End is a personal favorite of mine and has been since I  first read it online one incredibly boring winter (possibly in 2007?). I hate reading books via any digital device, but I persevered for this story. I could not stop. No matter how much eyestrain resulted, IT WAS WORTH IT. Not everybody will love this book, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that if you are a worthwhile human being, you will. It is one huge mindfuck dick joke that still manages to be brilliant. And a little creepy.

The best part is that it became available in print. Buy it. It's no longer available to read on a shitty white on black website. I own it, there's no shame in buying a book. David Wong aka. Jason Pargin, Senior Editor of Cracked.com wrote it, so obviously it's funny. Funny is good for you.

Anyway, double awesome is the fact that it's now a movie! I am pants-shittingly excited to see it.

Here's the trailer:




And the fun doesn't stop there, no siree bub! The sequel This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It is out October 2!!! So I guess what I'm saying here is that I'm basically just buying new underwear a lot b/c of all the shitting. Join me in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?