Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Silvercoin - Angus and Julia Stone


I'm not entirely sure I even have half a feel for what Silvercoin is about. I read the lyrics and everything, but they just don't scream anything particular to me except "I'll miss you when you're gone" which is b/c it's repeated 80 times. Mostly the song just sounds like loss. So obviously it reminds me of Chad and suicide and etc...but that's a personal interpretation, I don't really have an objective one at hand.

Whatever it means, it's pretty. I really enjoy Angus Stone's emotional and yet breezy voice combined with Julia's crackly soprano. The rhythm set by the guitar also evokes the image of a journey or something, for me. But, like, a really casual journey. Like we are casually going to travel to this place that will break your heart. Thanks Angus and Julia, thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?