Saturday, November 3, 2012

Skinny Love - Bon Iver


Yes, another Pandora find. They should pay me for advertising them so much:p I think I remember Bon Iver being popular among the indie crowd a couple years ago, but I apparently didn't pay them much attention back then. Skinny Love is a bit of a sad song, I think about the end of a relationship that didn't have much "meat" left. This song is really striking a chord with me right now. However, it also makes me kinda sad because it is a sad song, which I guess is what I like about it. Love me some sad songs. Let me just say sad some more...sad sad sad sad sad. Okay. I was obsessively replaying it on YouTube and getting a good angst on, but then ABBA came on and pulled me out of that funk. So, yeah, good times. Great song.

Interestingly, this chick Birdy has made her cover of the song pretty popular...at least that's what YouTube and Wikipedia tell me. I'm not entirely sure how because mostly I just want to laugh while watching it. Perhaps that's cruel, I mean she's 12 or something, but she has goddamned braces on and sings all braceface lispy-like while maintaining a straight face. That shit is just funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?